In 1933, William H. Jaqui, (a Jamesburg native) the original founder of the Jaqui Funeral Home, opened a location at 114 Raritan Avenue in Highland Park. With the desire to have a more spacious and home like atmosphere, he purchased the current location at 17 South Adelaide Avenue in 1949, and obtained a variance to operate the business in a residential neighborhood. He and his wife, Agnes, and their two daughters, Ruth and Eileen, lived above the business. Over the years, there were improvements completed on the building to better serve the families. Mr. Jaqui’s son-in-law, Alois Skudlarek, assisted him as a licensed funeral director in the business until his sudden death in June 1970. In September 1970, Mr. Jaqui died and the business was managed by Michael J. Murphy. Mr. Jaqui’s son-in-law, James A. Kuhn, who was born and raised in Highland Park obtained his New Jersey funeral director’s license. The name became Jaqui-Kuhn Funeral Home in the early 1970’s and has remained the same since that time. Jim and Eileen Jaqui Kuhn lived above the funeral home with their three daughters, Patricia, Michelle, and Maureen, operating the business for over twenty years before passing the torch to Gary and Cindy Potts in June 1995. Gary served as the manager for over 23 years. Dan and his wife, Jacqueline, purchased the business in August 2018 thereby continuing the tradition of the funeral home being family owned. While much has changed over the past seventy plus years, the same tradition of providing personalized professional services in a comfortable home-like setting has not.